Self Care

IMG_4399

I�ve begun new habits that have really helped to make life seem less hectic. Whether it�s making daily list of small things to do around the house or making all our meals for the week on Sunday, it just helps to keep me feeling balanced and like I�m staying on top of things and on myself. I don't handle being overwhelmed very well, so I try to do anything I can to help alleviate that.

I�ve even begun to put simple things on my list like, put on a face mask, to remind myself to take a few minutes to do something good and relaxing for myself. I'm aware that it's silly but I've noticed that if it's on the list, I actually take the time to do it.

I find that the more I do simple things I love on a daily basis, the less on edge I feel. Reading a few chapters in a new book, lighting a new candle, memorizing a scripture, watching a romantic girl flick, or just having a small bowl of ice cream. These little actions (as ridiculous as it may sound) make me feel like everything is going to be fine and help to ground my rampant thoughts.

IMG_4258

I�ve made it a routine to call my dad every Tuesday. I can call him any day of the week (obviously) but I have to call him every Tuesday. I use to do the same thing with my mom & I find that it helps me feel more connected to her & him. I ask him tons of questions about her (some answers already known), how they first met, what mom was like when they first met, what he was like when they met, how he was as a little boy, etc. It�s another small thing that allows me to go to bed feeling relaxed and happy.

IMG_4227 IMG_4079

Life can often feel so hard and stressful. But I find that doing small things for myself on a daily basis help to make life feel less overwhelming. On a day that you�re feeling like it�s all too much, take time for yourself. Meditate, buy yourself some flowers in your favorite color, read your favorite book again, watch a movie that makes you laugh out loud, listen to your favorite album. Do something that helps you escape (if only for a little while) and allows you to ground yourself. It�s amazing to me how something as simple as dancing to your favorite song or singing (more like belting for me) your favorite song helps to lift the spirit.

What are some things you do for your self care?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch at The Shelby

Bellagio Gardens.

Goodbye to summer.