Tidbits about my mom ?

IMG_8528

I have this irrational fear that as the more time passes, I�ll begin to forget things my mom did, said, her gestures and how big her smile was. If it weren�t for saved voicemails, I believe I�d forgotten her soft but firm voice.

It has become a bit of a ritual that every night before bed, I lay in bed and try to remember little things about my mom to keep her fresh and alive in my mind.

Whenever my mom called me, she�d ask me, �How is my boy?� The boy she was referring to was Sean.

Whenever I would ask my mom, �What�s up?� she would reply, �The sky�.

My mom was such a great listener that when we spoke on the phone, I often thought that our call had dropped because she was so quiet. And when I would ask, �Hey mom, you there?� she would reply, �I�m here, just listening�. It wasn�t that she was quiet, it was that she was intently listening to everything you had to say.

When I would gain weight, my mom would say, �You�ve been eating the junks�. And it always was with an �s� on purpose to let me know, she knew I was eating more than one type of junk. Hahaha.

Every time we got off the phone she�d pray over me. Every single time.

She was such an amazing cook and I truly believe it is why my sisters and I love to cook so much. I particularly miss her fufu with peanut soup and her kenkey and shito so, so much.

My mom would always say, �Don�t broadcast all the good you�ve done for praise, as some things ought to be kept between you and God". This is why at her go-away I was a little shocked of the massive amount of stories that people shared. I was aware of the incredible person she was but to actually hear the stories from so many people my mom personally helped � well, it just inspired me. She gave so much of herself and lived a life that I hope that one day I can say mirrored hers.

There�s so much more but I�ll hold off until another time. Man, I miss my mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch at The Shelby

Bellagio Gardens.

Goodbye to summer.