How wonderful life is while you're in the world
Today marks exactly two years from when I was hospitalized due to a DVT in my left leg. It�s incredible how much that experience really changed my outlook on life and how because of it, it�s rare that you�ll hear me complain about anything. That experience reiterated for me just how unpredictable life is. One day you�re fine and the next you�re at death�s door. It taught me that so many of the worries I had, wouldn�t be worries in the following year, so what was the point of worrying so much? It revealed to me how much I would appreciate exercising because my body could actually do so. It was hard to see how my body had gone from doing everything on its own and then needing assistance for simple things like literally getting out of bed. It taught me how much I appreciate working because I could physically get into my car, drive the distance and sit at my desk to work. It�s not easy being told that you are not even physically fit to do a sedentary job. It was hard to feel that e...

Comments
Post a Comment